A great welcome to everyone who takes a few minutes to visit my blog, and hope you will return. I started off scrapbooking, but making cards soon overtook and I really enjoy seeing the end results. I enjoy blog hopping to see the wonderful creations from other crafters, there really are some talented, friendly people out there.


My Crafty Followers

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Stylish Rose

My second card I made for an elderly neighbour who lived next door and moved 2 years ago into warden controlled accommodation locally.  I still keep in touch with her and try to go and see her at least christmas and birthdays.  She's a lovely lady and very kind and thoughtful, and loves flowers and decoupage cards.

I stamped onto white cardstock using Artemio swirl stamps I bought from QVC, they give a lovely impression, I used black Versafine detail stamp. A yellow decoupage rose in the centre, some yellow organza ribbon, mounted onto black card and again onto silver card at an angle, and stuck onto a yellow square 6" card.  Finished off with a couple of small roses in the corner and a card craft birthday wishes.
Makes us think of summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment